Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike  (Read 915 times)
Amy
Pug Stories Extremist

« on: January 02, 2017, 07:03:42 PM »

I copied and pasted this from Mike's FB page.......just wanted to let his friends here know he was quite sick. Please send prayers for his continued healing and health. I know hardly anyone is here anymore but just thought those that are would like to know...........

"So hopefully, 2017 is better than 2016. After battling what I thought was a cold for 4 days, I thought it was turning into pneumonia. Turns out, I was having a heart attack all week. No symptoms, just a cough. Rushed to a cardiac hospital and sent right into surgery, I thought “Okay. I go home and all is fine.” Wrong. In recovery, I couldn’t breathe and thanks to Cindy, my nurse, she made sure the doctor seen me before his next patient and I was rushed back in. She saved my life by not allowing transport to take my doctors next patient until the doctor laid eyes on me first. My lungs filled up with the fluid from my heart and was drowning me.
I was wandering the halls two days later and bumped into my doctor and was all set to get released. So I went back in, laid down and waited for my discharge. Only to wake up with 11 people around me holding me down. The nurse trying to get blood gases was hurting my wrist and believe me, I let her know it hurt. I know she has one, but I’m sorry and she really isn’t one. She was just trying to help me. I coded on them. Dang!!
I was sent back into surgery and all was going well and once again, I was set to get discharged and because they scratched my bladder with a catheter, they kept me one more day. Good thing because I coded again on them. Holy crap??? Serious??
I have the greatest doctors and most of all, I have the greatest family that were right there. They don’t know how much it meant waking up and seeing them right there. So for Christmas, my son and daughter in law, Jeff and Tia, got me a FitBit. Never in a million years will they know what that means. After just one day, I can look and say “WTF???” and change how I am doing things.
To all my friends and family… be safe for 2017 and let’s all hope we are together celebrating 2018 next year"

Penny, Sophia and Merry
 Sadly missing my sweet girls, Annie, Tess, Maggie, Mimsy, Rose, Elly, Libby , and my heart....Grace.

A rich person is not one who has the most but who needs the least.
(author unknown)
grannypug
Pug Stories Extremist

I love Pugs

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 10:16:09 PM »

Oh my goodness! What a terrible time Mike has gone through. I will be saying prayers for him and that this is all past him now. Thank you for posting, Amy.  Maybe some of the others will wander back in here and read this.

Joy
Owned by   Snuggles.
Missing Pudgey, Bandit, Korbie Lee, Candy Man and now Kimmi-Ko. Also, Milo, my protector and Mr. Sassy Sumo, my Be--ootiful Boy, my heart. Also, missing King, Mae-Ling.
I always thought I knew what love was, ...and then I got a pug!
Amy
Pug Stories Extremist

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 05:14:03 PM »

thank you Joy. He has not posted anything else so I am hoping he is ok.

Penny, Sophia and Merry
 Sadly missing my sweet girls, Annie, Tess, Maggie, Mimsy, Rose, Elly, Libby , and my heart....Grace.

A rich person is not one who has the most but who needs the least.
(author unknown)
pugalicious
Global Moderator
Pug Stories Extremist

Being a grandma makes you feel warm and fuzzy!

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 01:57:36 PM »

Holy guacamole! That's scary. I hope he is doing ok now. Thanks for letting the few of us know. I just happened through.

You all doing ok? I love retirement. I am going for an MRI on my neck and I am hoping to see a neurologist. Been having more issues with that herniation. I think it is time to do something about it. Then I want to fix my acid reflux. They have some new things besides major surgery. I'm tired of hurting. Pugs are all doing well.

Take care!

Nicole and Rudy, Kado, and Georgie, too!!!

My eternal Angels: Dixie, Mingo, Sammy, Jaspar and now Chico, too. You are never forgotten and close at my heart. My list grows longer.

Yiddish Proverb: Everyone is kneaded from the same dough but not everyone is cooked in the same oven. 'so true'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: