Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Snuggles  (Read 4186 times)
grannypug
Pug Stories Extremist

I love Pugs

« on: February 01, 2016, 08:51:37 PM »

Snuggles is at the vet tonight and possibly will have surgery. She has some type of blockage and she has
lost weight, won't eat, drinks water like it is going out of style. Last night she started vomiting and then shaking
like she is freezing but doesn't want a blanket over her. This morning she was very weak and uncomfortable.
Last week she had gotten into the trash and I found that she had gotten a sanitary pad out and had eaten
some of the cotton out of it.(YUCK) By Saturday she was not wanting to eat and I though she was just
off her food. She did eat some scrambled egg yesterday and that encouraged me some. BUT, when she
started vomiting and shaking so bad, I knew something else was wrong. They are doing x-rays, giving her
IV fluids and trying to build her strength up before they can do anything surgically.
Please keep my sweet girl in your thoughts and prayers. She will be 14 yr old in April and I want her to feel
better and maybe stay with me for a while longer. I love her so much and can't stand to see her so sick.

Joy
Owned by   Snuggles.
Missing Pudgey, Bandit, Korbie Lee, Candy Man and now Kimmi-Ko. Also, Milo, my protector and Mr. Sassy Sumo, my Be--ootiful Boy, my heart. Also, missing King, Mae-Ling.
I always thought I knew what love was, ...and then I got a pug!
grannypug
Pug Stories Extremist

I love Pugs

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 10:48:41 AM »

Well, I got the results laate last night and Snuggles had not ingested anything that was causing blockage. Her little body is riddled with very fast growing cancer and there is nothing that can
be done to save her. Her liver is full of cancer, her heart is enlarged, her kidneys are shutting down and there is a tumor near her lungs. This has all happened so fast and she has lost weight so fast and the vet was even shocked by it. 2 weeks ago she weighed 12 lbs and seemed to be doing pretty good. We attributed her slowing down to her age. This "ugly" disease has just taken over her little body and I cannot bear to watch her suffer. This afternoon, Vinnie and I will send her to the Bridge with broken hearts.  I have loved this special little sweetheart for nearly 14 years and I will miss her so much.
Fly high and pain free my little sweetheart.

Joy
Owned by   Snuggles.
Missing Pudgey, Bandit, Korbie Lee, Candy Man and now Kimmi-Ko. Also, Milo, my protector and Mr. Sassy Sumo, my Be--ootiful Boy, my heart. Also, missing King, Mae-Ling.
I always thought I knew what love was, ...and then I got a pug!
Joanne
Pug Stories Extremist

Brutus and Dora, the Pug loves of my LIFE!

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 02:19:05 PM »

Oh my gosh Joy, I am so so sorry.  I can't even imagine your shock when the vet told you what was going on.  I will keep you and Snuggles in my thoughts and prayers.  Pug Hugs my friend.

Dora and Brutus - Forever in My Heart.
css
Pug Stories Extremist

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 11:25:07 PM »

Joy, I am so very sorry to hear about little Snuggles.  I don't care how young or old they are, you can never really prepare yourself for this.
pugalicious
Global Moderator
Pug Stories Extremist

Being a grandma makes you feel warm and fuzzy!

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 12:26:01 AM »

Oh gosh Joy. I am just so sorry.

Nicole and Rudy, Kado, and Georgie, too!!!

My eternal Angels: Dixie, Mingo, Sammy, Jaspar and now Chico, too. You are never forgotten and close at my heart. My list grows longer.

Yiddish Proverb: Everyone is kneaded from the same dough but not everyone is cooked in the same oven. 'so true'
carol
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 02:29:19 PM »

Gosh Joy how sad..I am so sorry..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: