Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Tragedy  (Read 5586 times)
css
Pug Stories Extremist

« on: September 23, 2015, 11:09:40 AM »

I was watching the news last night on a channel I seldom watch and they had a report about a little pug mix who lived with his family in Kirtland, Ohio(which isn't far from here) and the owner was taking him for his usual walk when three pit bulls ran out and attacked the poor little one. The owner says that they tore him up so bad, his intestines were sticking out. They rushed him to the vet but his injuries were so severe, they had him put to sleep. Apparently the owner of these dogs had been cited before as they had attacked a golden retriever. I feel so bad for the owner, not only for having to witness her little attacked so viscously(SP?) but also for having to have him put to sleep.
On the other hand, I feel such anger for the owner of these dogs for letting them run loose. I know some of you might not agree with me, but I can't stand these pit bulls. They are like ticking time bombs waiting to go for and NONE of them can be trusted! The news also said that she has violated the viscous dog law. I think these dogs should be put down and the owner fined heavily and even though it won't bring her little one back, fined heavily. Here is the link to the news story.
http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/oh-lake/kirtland-police. I think you have to click on home, then scroll down  and its under more top stories.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:21:43 AM by css » Logged
carol
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 02:16:11 PM »

Aww hard reading things like this..Poor litttle pug.. mumum
grannypug
Pug Stories Extremist

I love Pugs

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 09:11:31 PM »

Oh how horrible! Just seeing this happen to your sweet little pug and not being able
to stop it. I agree that if these dogs are running loose and already have that "Killer" instinct,
they should be put down and the owner fined and they should also have to pay for the
other person to get another pug.
I don't like to see any animals put down,but once they get that taste of blood, it is too hard to
rehabilitate them.

Joy
Owned by   Snuggles.
Missing Pudgey, Bandit, Korbie Lee, Candy Man and now Kimmi-Ko. Also, Milo, my protector and Mr. Sassy Sumo, my Be--ootiful Boy, my heart. Also, missing King, Mae-Ling.
I always thought I knew what love was, ...and then I got a pug!
Amy
Pug Stories Extremist

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 11:37:04 PM »

I hate reading things like this. I can't even go read the article. It does break my heart, for the little pug and the owners.
However, that said, I know some wonderful pitts and I think it is a shame that so many people base their opinions on the breed as a whole. There are some amazing Pittbulls out there. This is a very sticky topic and I won't get into arguing about it.
   My thoughts and prayers are with the family and in this case, I do hope some justice will be served. Yes these ones should probably be humanely destroyed but if it were, say, 3 golden retrievers that attacked, would the media make such a big deal about it? No. I don't think so.
   Pittbulls can be amazing dogs. Humans are the ones who ruin them and or breed them to be dog aggressive to begin with. Humans.

Penny, Sophia and Merry
 Sadly missing my sweet girls, Annie, Tess, Maggie, Mimsy, Rose, Elly, Libby , and my heart....Grace.

A rich person is not one who has the most but who needs the least.
(author unknown)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: