Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: green tomatoes  (Read 10129 times)
puglvnfool
mama pug
Administrator
Pug Stories Extremist

Karaleighs grammy

« on: August 25, 2011, 05:08:41 PM »

Well I was beginning to feed the pugs when I noticed that Zeke was not here. He didnt show up at all so Kara and I went out for a Zeke hunt. He is getting senile and at times gets lost in the yard. We got all the way to the back part of the yard and I see him in the tomato patch. He is eatting green tomatoes. I get him in and feed him and called the vet. I pulled about a quarter of one green one out of his mouth and so I know he ate at least the rest of that one. I'm waiting for the vet to call back, online says vomiting and charcoal. Good grief. Who knew he would eat those

M

Mama to, Oscar, Princess Buttercup, Aiko and Winnie

waiting for me at the bridge
Josie, Pearlie, Zuzu, Scoob, Bug, Myles, Oscar, Mudge, Nell, Tasha, Sweet Pea, Kermit and Lulu, my Rosie, Edgar, Millie, Tillie, Hannah, DV, Emmett and Twiggy, Bethy,  Zeke, Penelope, and Miss Emmie, Sissy, Buster, Mooch, Hazel and Carmen My fosters Petey and Mia as well
pugalicious
Global Moderator
Pug Stories Extremist

Being a grandma makes you feel warm and fuzzy!

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 07:50:06 PM »

You would think he would at least wait until you fried them for him. Sheez! If it isn't one thing or another. Maybe give him a little milk and some bread. Bread always helps things go through and milk neutralizes things. Just a thought. I hope the vet comes back that he is ok.

Nicole and Rudy, Kado, and Georgie, too!!!

My eternal Angels: Dixie, Mingo, Sammy, Jaspar and now Chico, too. You are never forgotten and close at my heart. My list grows longer.

Yiddish Proverb: Everyone is kneaded from the same dough but not everyone is cooked in the same oven. 'so true'
PugGrandma
Pug Stories Extremist

Pugged for life!

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 08:29:28 PM »

Scott's black female, Pepper will eat the red ones.  She mostly just sort of sucks out the juice and leaves the skin behind.  It is mostly the tiny cherry tomatoes that she will go after.  She is a real pest when the strawberries are ripe.

How is Zeke?  Okay I hope.

Elaine pug mom to Ty &  pug grandma to Toby, Zeke & Pepper
MN Midwest Pug Rescue
puglvnfool
mama pug
Administrator
Pug Stories Extremist

Karaleighs grammy

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 08:42:23 PM »

Well they were not as concerned as the online stuff was, that is pretty standard. I'm supposed to keep an eye on him and put up a higher fence. Mine also love the ripe ones. Its the first I have seen one of them go after a green one

M

Josie, Pearlie, Zuzu, Scoob, Bug, Myles, Oscar, Mudge, Nell, Tasha, Sweet Pea, Kermit and Lulu, my Rosie, Edgar, Millie, Tillie, Hannah, DV, Emmett and Twiggy, Bethy,  Zeke, Penelope, and Miss Emmie, Sissy, Buster, Mooch, Hazel and Carmen My fosters Petey and Mia as well
pugalicious
Global Moderator
Pug Stories Extremist

Being a grandma makes you feel warm and fuzzy!

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 11:12:14 PM »

Yes, Rudy loves the strawberries, that we call Sammy berries for our Sammy pug that loved them so. I don't eat them so he is welcome to them. He seems to know the ripe ones from the green ones. LOL.

Nicole and Rudy, Kado, and Georgie, too!!!

My eternal Angels: Dixie, Mingo, Sammy, Jaspar and now Chico, too. You are never forgotten and close at my heart. My list grows longer.

Yiddish Proverb: Everyone is kneaded from the same dough but not everyone is cooked in the same oven. 'so true'
puglvnfool
mama pug
Administrator
Pug Stories Extremist

Karaleighs grammy

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 09:35:13 AM »

Well so far Zeke is no worse for eating them. Now I just need to figure a way to keep him out of there.

M

mnfencer
Pug Stories Extremist

Vinny

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 11:21:06 PM »

Yeah Vinny loves to eat green strawberries and tomatoes. He prefers the ripe ones but will eat the green ones too. It probably can give them an upset stomach and maybe diarrhea if they get too many.u

Michele~ Momma to Vinny (7 years old), and momma to two cats-Tucker (10) and Piper Mae (1) And God bless our kitty Rickety who is in heaven now waiting for us!
mamapug1959
Pug Stories Addict

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 10:43:10 AM »

Our Maggie loved tomatoes.   She even knew the word, so we didn't dare say it or she would start whining.  And don't even think about trying to sneak one.  As soon as she smelled it she came running.  She would go to the garden and pick her own.  And when the seeds came out of her she planted her own plants.  Recently I have been walking Scarlett outside the fence so she can get more exercise.  And I made the mistake of going down by the garden and giving her a tomato or two.  Now when we go outside the fence she takes off toward the garden.

Anita

Mama to  MacKenna, Scarlett, Keisha, Pudge and Sawyer

Waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge - Kozzie, Roxie, Princess Leah, Maggie and Zoey
PugGrandma
Pug Stories Extremist

Pugged for life!

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 07:04:20 PM »

Anita,   Many thanks for your post!  You have cleared up how we have ended up with tomato plants in such strange places at Scott's place.   It is the black pug Miss Pepper who will eat anything and is always on the hunt for food.  She is the one responsible for "planting" the seeds in out of the way places.  As I said before she does go and pick her own tomatoes. 

Elaine pug mom to Ty &  pug grandma to Toby, Zeke & Pepper
MN Midwest Pug Rescue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: