Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Distichiasis  (Read 9493 times)
Lauraspugs
Pug Stories Extremist

~waiting for summer~

« on: June 13, 2011, 05:09:44 PM »

Mariah has the extra eyelashes.  Does anyone know about how much the freezing method is for this?  Healing process and time?   Can't believe she's 7 and it's just found.

Laura:   Kahlua, Zoe, Abby, Mariah, and Jasmine

A special loving kiss to our Angels:  Sasha, Samantha, Bessie, Mimi, and my baby girl Brandi

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them.
-Phil Pastoret
pugalicious
Global Moderator
Pug Stories Extremist

Being a grandma makes you feel warm and fuzzy!

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 07:39:16 PM »

Dixie had this. It was a snap for her. It does lighten the area where they do it but that is it. It didn't grow back. She even got hair under her eyelids, like retrievers get. She is such a fluke. Anyway, she came through it all really great. The only worry is putting them under. She has a great opthamologist so it wasn't as worrisome. Do be sure that an opthamologist does it. Good luck!!!

Nicole and Rudy, Kado, and Georgie, too!!!

My eternal Angels: Dixie, Mingo, Sammy, Jaspar and now Chico, too. You are never forgotten and close at my heart. My list grows longer.

Yiddish Proverb: Everyone is kneaded from the same dough but not everyone is cooked in the same oven. 'so true'
Lauraspugs
Pug Stories Extremist

~waiting for summer~

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 08:22:07 AM »

I was told that they might be able to do it with just a light sedation.  I would love to shoot for that.  How much did it cost you to have yours done?  Was it both eyes or just one?

A special loving kiss to our Angels:  Sasha, Samantha, Bessie, Mimi, and my baby girl Brandi

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them.
-Phil Pastoret
pugalicious
Global Moderator
Pug Stories Extremist

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 07:20:05 PM »

Gosh, Laura that was a few years back. I think it was about $800? Something like that. And yes it was for both eyes. It might have been more. It is more expensive here.

My eternal Angels: Dixie, Mingo, Sammy, Jaspar and now Chico, too. You are never forgotten and close at my heart. My list grows longer.

Yiddish Proverb: Everyone is kneaded from the same dough but not everyone is cooked in the same oven. 'so true'
Lauraspugs
Pug Stories Extremist

~waiting for summer~

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 11:33:53 PM »

Thanks Nic.  I'm hoping that both eyes will be about that price or lower.

-Phil Pastoret
pugalicious
Global Moderator
Pug Stories Extremist

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 01:42:45 PM »

Good luck. They had to put Dixie way out as she had that hair under her lids and then they also did along her lids, too.

pugalicious
Global Moderator
Pug Stories Extremist

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 10:26:31 PM »

Did Mariah have the laser eye surgery? How did she do?

Lauraspugs
Pug Stories Extremist

~waiting for summer~

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 10:51:28 PM »

No, not yet.  Was planning on doing it within a couple weeks when we had some plumbing problems.  BIG plumbing problems that blew out our money supply.  Going to take a few more weeks.  Her eye looks great though.

-Phil Pastoret
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: