Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bath question......  (Read 9434 times)
PugGrandma
Pug Stories Extremist

Pugged for life!

« on: April 03, 2011, 09:05:07 PM »

Now that it is finally warming up, I think it is time to give the pugs a bath again.   They are actually smelling like (heaven forbid!)  dogs.   

We have always used Buddy Wash and Buddy Rinse.  The bottles were both huge and lasted for years.  I cannot remember where we bought it.  I honestly think it was at some pug  doings.

Does anyone know where I can purchase some more?  A retail store?   Or do I have to order it online?   

I would be open to trying something different if any of you can recoment something really good that you use.  We want to keep nice soft, shiney and healthy coats. love4

Elaine pug mom to Ty &  pug grandma to Toby, Zeke & Pepper
MN Midwest Pug Rescue
Joanne
Pug Stories Extremist

Brutus and Dora, the Pug loves of my LIFE!

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 07:43:56 AM »

I use Kay Lambert Fresh & Clean and I love it!  I bought a giant bottle at pet edge for cheap....

Dora and Brutus - Forever in My Heart.
julie
Pug Stories Senior Member

pug squad

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »

Hi pugrandma you might be able to find it online as there are so many out there hope you find what your looking for,have a nice day. happy7 icon_flower icon_flower
SissysDad
Mike
Administrator
Pug Stories Extremist

Sissy and Puggy Sue always in my heart.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 10:41:45 AM »

I use Hydrosurge whitening and brightening from Petedge.com on Fizz and Rowdy.  With Fizz' harness, it can sometimes discolor just a little and this stuff makes him look so nice and clean.  It comes in a gallon and I put some in bottles and give it to friends for their pets.  One girl I know was using human shampoo and could not understand why it was drying her dog out.  She thinks I give it to her because I am friends with her husband.  I could care less about that.  I give it to her because I like her dog!!!

Petedge sells to smaller pet stores and groomers and it is similar to Costco for animals.  Buy in bulk and you can buy small bottles and they fill those for resale.

Mike (SissysDad)

I don't need an angel on my Christmas tree, I already have several in Heaven looking down on me.

See Fizz at http://www.dogster.com/?43613

puglvnfool
mama pug
Administrator
Pug Stories Extremist

Karaleighs grammy

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 10:57:51 AM »

We get our shampoo from Petco, its a oatmeal and aloe shampoo and its been great. I cant afford to spend to much on shampoo with so many pugs. I use alot of shampoo!

lol

m

mama to Buster & Hazel, Carmen, Buttercup, Aiko & Winnie
fosters Oscar, Lucy and Mooch

waiting for me at the bridge
Josie, Pearlie, Zuzu, Scoob, Bug, Myles, Oscar, Mudge, Nell, Tasha, Sweet Pea, Kermit and Lulu, my Rosie, Edgar, Millie, Tillie, Hannah, DV, Emmett and Twiggy, Bethy,  Zeke, Penelope, and Miss Emmie, Sissy, Buster. My fosters Petey and Mia as well
mamapug1959
Pug Stories Addict

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 11:54:15 AM »

When I had an Avon lady, I bought skin so soft shower gel and used that.  They were soft, smelled good and SSS is suppose to help repel mosquitos.  Don't know what I will use this year.

Anita

Mama to  MacKenna, Scarlett, Keisha, Pudge and Sawyer

Waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge - Kozzie, Roxie, Princess Leah, Maggie and Zoey
shaynapug
Global Moderator
Pug Stories Extremist

Female

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 05:01:50 PM »

Google it and you might find it!!

Don't use human shampoo on them...the ph isn't right!

Have fun!!!  I bathed 3 last week....and will bath 3 again this week (Solo gets a second bath due to his incontinence).

MickeyandPeanut123
Pug Stories Extremist

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 06:30:29 PM »

Elaine,

I use Buddy Wash on Peanut and I bought it at Petco.
Below is link to their website with retailers but I know for a fact Petco sells it and so does jbpet & I think drugstore.com
I love Buddy Wash Shampoo & would never switch it on Peanut.  He has had a reaction to the smell of Mickey's shampoo

Mickey has allergies and on him I use Petco's Oatmeal Shampoo.  I also use a Conditioner on Mickey that helps with itchy skin.  I put the links below

http://www.cloudstar.com/form.asp?f_key=9496354675644732BAE748EC4DFE8A45&ie_key=11D4CF01DF384479840AF98C97782211

http://www.petco.com/product/15458/PETCO-Oatmeal-Conditioning-Dog-Shampoo.aspx

http://www.petco.com/product/106067/Lambert-Kay-Fresh-n-Clean-Oatmeal-N-Baking-Soda-Dog-Conditioner.aspx

http://www.petco.com/product/113940/Cloud-Star-Buddy-Wash-Lavender-And-Mint-2-in-1-Dog-Shampoo-Plus-Conditioner.aspx

Joyce
Mommie to 2 pugs.  Mickey and Peanut, my baby boys.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: